Sunday, September 05, 2010

A good Sunday! (29AUG10)

I got up just before 0530 to Skype Sheri before she went to bed. Talked with Tanner for a little bit, too. Little Corbie is starting kindergarten tomorrow! I am sad that I will miss it, because I know how proud I would be to see him off to his first day of school. Sheri said he is really excited, especially about his blue pencil box.

God really blessed my preparation this week and the "dress rehearsals" this morning. I felt much more confident in a sermon that I had studied and developed as opposed to an Internet special.

Just as I was getting ready to head over to Big Daddy's for service, a crane hit the foundation of the chapel and broke a couple of beams in the floor. When I got back, the mayor cell was putting up T-walls at the street end of the chapel and the Afghan workers had replaced the broken beams.

We had one Airman show up for the second service at 1730. I will keep offering a service in the evening through September and see what the overall response is. I am thinking about starting a men's group, maybe on Friday nights. I will keep praying and see where God is working!

No comments: