Thursday, September 30, 2010

Productive Day! (13SEP10)

Worked on a short talk for my Skype appointment with Corban's kindergarten class, got two steps done on my sermon, and delivered four bags of goodies to different units on the FOB. Prayed with a Soldier after he shared with us about losing his faith. He is from Haiti, and he lost 5 cousins and 2 uncles in the earthquake this year.

Played a game of dominoes with some of the guys in the SECFOR, which was a lot of fun. While we were playing, the ANP were training in combatives. It was interesting watching them and seeing how much like American privates they are.

Gave three haircuts tonight, MAJ Czeladzki (sounds like Cheladski) is my most regular customer, and has come to the office twice to have tea and talk in English.

After haircuts, I got on Skype and talked with Sheri before talking with Corban's class. I got to share most of what I had prepared based on an email from his teacher. Corban looked awesome in his Scottish prince costume for Castle Day, and Tanner had a cool "page" outfit.

No comments: