Sunday, September 05, 2010

Chapel project (27AUG10)

The last few days have been taken up mostly with projects around the chapel. We got two more truckloads of wood, and a Soldier needs to excort the trucks from the gate to our site. The floor is almost done! We have been building a fun relationship with Walt, the chief of construction. I know God is using it in his life, and it is nice to see a friendly face every day!

On Wednesday, I went to the clinic on the FOB run by and Afghan doctor for the local nationals both here on the FOB and from the nearby city. I met Dr. Massoud, who was glad to meet me, but I was not able to be much help. I saw LCDR Yach the next day, and she said they were coming up with some projects that I could help with. I really want to get involved with this program!

Last night, we had karaoke in the DFAC, and SPC Houde and I sang "Sweet Home Alabama" together. It reminded me of Sheri's family (who is at the beach this week) singing karaoke every year at Salisbury Beach.

No comments: