Friday, September 17, 2010

Labor Day (06 SEP 10)

I have never seen such a big deal made over Labor Day! The DFAC was decorated with streamers and posters, there were three cakes, two ice sculptures, three kinds of BBQ, and ice cream! I organized a clean up day in the morning and there were about 20 Soldiers who came to help out. In about 45 minutes we probably picked up 40 bags of trash!

After getting some work done, I gave Houde a half day off. I stayed at the office and set up our SIPR and CENTRIXS computers and finished watching a movie.

Had a couple of good conversations this afternoon! One with SPC Trejo from the new RCP (Route Clearance Package); he seems like a really good guy and he was comfortable talking about his faith with me. The other was with Mark, an Afghan interpreter for the Polish who is from the US and who doesn't practice Islam. He asked me some questions about communion and the difference between Catholics and Protestants. I believe he is interested in these things because he is searching, and I always talk about the Gospel when he and I have these conversations (this is the second time he has asked me questions about Christianity).

No comments: